Thursday, March 7, 2013

Funny memoirs

***

We had just completed developing a software module. One of those lull periods when you wait for work. Our lead had gone to client place for study of next module. It was boring to the core without food for the mind. Met a guy from training department in the H.O. Training guys normally long for joining the development team. Without knowing my situation he asked me, "How is the project work? Is it tough?".
I replied immediately " It is like walking on a rope".
He said "Oh, that much tough?".
I added " But the rope is on the floor only"

*** 

A friend from animation industry explained how actors can be created in graphics and their scenes completed without actually involving them. Another friend remarked "then you don't need humans at all !".

I added, " of course you need them for watching ... "

*** 

Moral: Don't try to share your joy with others in every situation.

Had just finished college and moved to Chennai.Was playing cricket with colony friends.In the name of fielding was watching the match from the field.Urzzzzz... Heard the plane sound and looked up to locate the plane.Was happy at the sight as usual.A little girl was playing with sand near me.Wanting to share my joy(!?) with her,I called her,"Lakshmi,Lakshmi! See the Plane !". Without bothering to look up Lakshmi(not even LKG) told, "Let it go.What for me?". I don't show plane to metro city kids there after.
 

*** 

When working in college, one day was speaking with Mr.P who taught English when I was a student in the same college. Got an idea for a fun suddenly.Pointing to his wrist watch and asked "Sir,is this second hand?". Mr.P said proudly "No. My father bought this new from Singapore.".Once he finished the line I told him , "Sir actually I asked this and pointed at the 'second hand'."
*** 
Once during college work life, we were having a discussion among few colleagues. I was talking about something. A comment made by a colleague (Mr.P), made me to stop my talk. There was utter silence. I broke the silence by saying "Actually I am a B.E. Mr.P  made me to B.Com"
*** 

When working in college was staying in the hostel for sometime. One day planned to go a temple in a nearby place (Srilliputhur in Tamil nadu) along with a senior colleague(Vasantha kumar). After having tea in the hostel we went to Srilliputhur by bus. Starting walking to the temple, suddenly my colleague stopped. He said "My mind is in hostel. I need to go back. Vasantha kumar is there". I told him, "No. After taking 'tea' from there Vasantha kumar is here". He gave a matter of fact look. I added, "In 'Vasantha kumar is there', after taking 't' from there it becomes, 'Vasantha kumar is here'. Had to go the temple alone on that day.
***    

No comments:

Post a Comment